This position will manage the accounting function of the company to insure timely and accurate reporting of financial transactions. In addition, they will be managing the credit function to insure timely collection of accounts receivable and minimize bad debt write-offs. Other duties may include preparing biweekly payroll and supervising the order entry department.
Specifically this position will:
- Approve credit for new accounts establish credit limits for new accounts and monitor credit limits for existing customers.
- Review daily order report for credit approval and release.
- Direct operations regarding unapplied cash to ensure that procedures are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Determine proper method to bill-back unallowed deductions while maintaining customer relations.
- Assist in reconciling the accounts receivable ledger, bad debt reserves, and deductions to general accounting totals.
- Keep current with changes in the sales tax and use tax laws. Complete sales and use tax returns. Report taxes and government information.
- Record labor distribution reports and required government payroll related reports.
- Complete 401k summary and reconcile time sheets and cross check them with production records. Assist with 401k audit.
- Complete production summary and payroll reconciliation including the production recap report for the Cost Accountant.
- Reconciliation of bank records regarding payroll.
- Issue Misc. 1099’s for service vendors.
- Insure proper accounting of departmental expenses.
The requirements for this position is a Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting and requires minimum 5 years general accounting experience.
We offer excellent pay and benefits package.