Integrated Education and Training (IET) Instructional Assistant
SHIFT: 17 hours per week x 52 weeks (930 Annual Hours, 2023-24)
LOCATION: LTC Sheboygan - Sheboygan, Wisconsin | LTC Manitowoc - Manitowoc, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide educational pathway guidance and support, as well as instructional assistance to students co-enrolled in the GED/HED + College program and in the GED/HSED/HSED 5.09 programs. Schedule and direct GED/HSED + College participants in required services. Use technology to support program outreach through social media and internal messaging at LTC satellite locations. Problem-solve and troubleshoot technology needs. Facilitate individual and small group learning activities. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
(50%) Instructional Assistant
• Provide instructional assistance through individual tutoring in the GED/HSED/HSED 5.09 programs.
• Administer and explain required documentation for enrollment (e.g. registrations, demographics, student conduct code, Personal Education Plan) to students and assist them with the completion.
• Administer and score tests. Interpret and explain test results to students.
• Create student computer accounts; provide support and assistance to students in accessing computer programs and the learning management system.
• Distribute appropriate instructional lab materials.
• Work collaboratively with faculty to ensure student success and program success.
• Maintain an “everybody can succeed” philosophy, and advocate for student needs.
(25%) IET Pathway Assistance
• Provide orientation to GED/HSED + College program.
• Set student expectations to meet requirements for all GED/HSED + College pathway programs. Conduct time management activity and schedule initial academic support, supplemental instruction, and advising sessions.
• Coordinate academic support sessions, class times, and advising sessions with the student to develop a comprehensive schedule each term.
• Connect regularly with students in the GED/HSED + College program. Ensure all criteria is being met.
• Notify the Dean, Advisor, and Faculty if a student is not meeting expectations.
• Track and complete enrollment matrix based on GED/HSED + College student’s current status in the pathway.
(25%) Program Outreach and Support
• Develop and deploy outreach to current and potential students through social media. Stay current with photos, events, and learning to communicate the Adult Education and English Language Learning programs, as well as the GED/HSED + College program.
• Create and maintain appropriate messaging for internal screens at LTC-Manitowoc and LTC-Sheboygan.
• Maintain communication between students and LTC staff.
• Distribute, monitor, and forward completed tests to appropriate Instructor/Instructional Assistant.
• Administer and explain paperwork (registration, demographic, student conduct code, Personal Education Plan) to new and returning students and assist them with the completion of documents.
• Provide information to potential students to initiate participation in program orientation. Refer students to appropriate Student Services staff and/or support agencies. Participate in retention and recruitment activities.
• Transfer referral needs to Instructor or Instruction Assistant for students requiring additional services.
• Participate as a member of the team by attending meetings, training activities, and professional development activities.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and lists.
• Promote a positive image of LTC both internally and externally.
• Troubleshoot technical problems and serve as liaison to the Help Desk.
• Motivate students to reach their goals from intake to course enrollment. Advocate for student’s needs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
• Be familiar with basic hardware; use a laptop and printer; use scanning techniques equipment; use voicemail, email and calendaring programs; navigate through Windows; access college network systems; understand database concepts; create a basic spreadsheet; use database queries; create simple charts and graphs; appropriate navigation through the internet; develop materials using presentation software; create reports in MS Word; manage and create files; use video conferencing; access network securely using appropriate multi-factor authentication.
• Skills in social media page administration required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, multitasking-shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate and understand non-English speaking people.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate degree or equivalent in a related discipline required
• Two to three years' recent relevant occupational experience required.
• Experience within secondary or post-secondary education preferred.
• Experience working with culturally diverse populations is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION: N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.