Senior Flexible Instructional Design Coordinator
|Health Insurance *
(Opt-Out Stipend if other coverage is in place)
|Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
(Employer matched contributions)
|Dental Insurance||Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)||Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)|
|Vision Insurance||Professional Development||Flexible Spending Program|
|Long Term Disability||Tuition Reimbursement||Wellness/Fitness Center|
|Life Insurance||Holidays||Employee Assistance Program|
|OPTIONAL BENEFITS:||403 (B) and 457 Plans||Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan|
|Short Term Disability|
Other benefits offered are Fridays off in the summer and a winter break from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day to give you time to refresh after the busy semester! There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more. For additional information on our vast array of benefits, read through our benefits guide.
SHIFT: Daytime hours, based upon the needs of the college
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Vice President of Instruction, this position leads the college-wide effort to transition programs and assist academic administrators, faculty, and staff in the development, modification, monitoring, and improvement of competency-based program and course curriculum. Focuses on designing performance based, learning centered instruction, and effectively utilizing instructional technology and alternative instructional strategies. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
(90%) Competency-based Curriculum and Instructional Technology
• Assist in the design, implementation, and coordination of competency-based curriculum, outcomes and assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels.
• Collaborate with deans and faculty members in research and design of competency-based curriculum at the course and program level to support student learning.
• Develop and edit curricular materials with faculty including competency statements, learning objectives, and other relevant documentation.
• Maintain curriculum design and documentation standards.
• Oversee and document the competency-based curriculum modification process.
• Support college-wide assessment efforts.
• Develop and promote strategies to use college assessment results to foster improvements in student learning and success.
• Maintain knowledge of high-impact practices in assessment of student learning through participation in appropriate professional development activities, including attending assessment institutes and/or conferences.
• Work with existing data systems and seek to develop new data systems to support academic, administrative, and educational support assessment.
• Assist faculty with designing competency-based course materials for delivery utilizing new and emerging instructional technologies and strategies.
• Consult with and advise faculty in pedagogical issues and skills unique to non-traditional and alternative delivery of instruction.
• Maintain instructional design standards.
• Research and make recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies, and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning.
(10%) Manager Essential Responsibilities
• Supervision is provided to the Flexible Instructional division.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff.
• Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Performance review; reward and discipline employees.
• Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include:
o Develop plan(s) and budget for department.
o Address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner.
o Be an active advocate for LTC in the community.
o Be active in the college by serving on committees.
o Teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
• Knowledge of project management tools to manage projects.
• Use computer technology to create instructional materials including authoring software, course management software such as HTML and other standard multimedia and web development tools.
• Working knowledge of WIDS software and course management system.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with web, live broadcasting and video-based educational technologies are preferred.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Aid faculty members in their areas of responsibility.
• Manage with effective human relations, critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be enthusiastic, personable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service attitude and a high level of professionalism.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills, and ability to work well with others.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational and follow-through skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to plan, manage projects, and organize and schedule priorities effectively to accomplish goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required. Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, or related field is preferred.
• Three to five years of relevant occupational experience required.
• A minimum of two years higher education teaching experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills on curriculum and instructional design, and assessment preferred and experience in Competency Based Environment (CBE) curriculum preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
• Must be certifiable as an instructor in the Wisconsin Technical College System and eligible for Instructor certification.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.