Full Time Teller
About Shipbuilders Credit Union
The roots of Shipbuilders Credit Union run deep, tracing back to the early 1900s and The Manitowoc Company. The Manitowoc Company originally focused on shipbuilding and ship repair and was known as Manitowoc Shipbuilding Company. Today, the member-owned credit union has more than 30 employees, an even larger geographic market and three branch locations. With a Midwest drive, Shipbuilders continues to live and work by the same values it embraced at its founding: reliable, respectful, resourceful, and real. Shipbuilders Credit Union has created its own tradition of Building Better Futures for its employees, members, their families, and our community.
This position will be responsible for performing a wide range of transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing a variety of member savings, share draft/checking, and credit account transactions in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Candidates must be passionate about providing excellent member/customer service and thrive in a team and results oriented environment. Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional attention to detail skills and knowledge of credit union products and services is a plus. This position will be located at the Rapids Street location and may serve as a backup Teller at other locations located in Manitowoc and Mishicot.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Process routine financial transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, etc. after verification of signatures and member balances.
- Assist with phones, mail, stuffing statements, and email transactions, when necessary.
- Assist with files and shredding documents.
- Issues money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Maintain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area including but not limited to robbery procedures.
- Promote, explain, and cross-sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, on-line banking, traveler’s checks, and money orders.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer. Generate member receipts.
- Place hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check, and package coins and currency.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies immediately to supervisor.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Report malfunctions of teller computers and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Check night depository bags and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Our lobby hours are Monday- Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Our drive-thru hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and closed on Sundays.
- This is a Monday – Friday position and it will require a Saturday morning rotation. Your shifts may vary.
- Previous customer service experience –2+ years (Required)
- Previous cash handling/teller experience – 2+ years (Required)
- Experience in using and operating Microsoft Office Products – 2+ years (Required)
- Experience with financial institution software systems (Preferred)
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)
- Basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Demonstrated ability to use a calculator and a computer
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity for operating computer, keyboard, calculator, telephone, and other equipment used by tellers. Lifting and carrying files, documents, teller drawer, coin, etc. Ability to stand for long periods when providing customer service. Hand/eye coordination for the counting and/or strapping of money. Ability to manually operate a teller drive-in drawer. This position may require traveling to and from different branch locations when required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Shipbuilders Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer