CCAMPIS Child Care Access Specialist
20 - 25 hours per week – August through May (36 weeks)
Monday – Friday: Flexible hours based on needs of program to include occasional evening and/or Saturday’s for family enrichment activities
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Coordinate and facilitate programming to meet grant objectives by providing outreach and targeted learning activities for student-parents and their children through group and individual activities. Plan and carry out a variety of activities with the children enrolled in the Child Care Center such as music, science, art, math, and literature. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
(52%) Child Care Aide
• Responsible for teaching children enrolled in the child care center.
• Provide group art and gym activities.
• Supervise children in daily activities.
• Provide large and small muscle development.
• Encourage social interaction and creative expression.
• Provide intellectual stimulation.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
(48%) CCAMPIS Specialist
• Provide individual outreach to CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents In School) participants in person.
• Provide assessment and targeted early learning activities to CCAMPIS children through small group or individual sessions.
• Work with the CCAMPIS director to schedule CCAMPIS activities for children.
• Make referrals to CCAMPIS director for parent academic support, learning assistance activities, and advisor/counselor meetings.
• Follow policies and procedures to ensure participant confidentiality and ensure integrity and security of participant records.
• Assist with documentation needed for grant reporting.
Yes- listed above
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work directly with young children and carry out planned activities.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one-year technical diploma required.
- Or equivalent and one to one and one-half years of recent related occupational experience required.
- Early childhood technical diploma is preferred. Individual hired for position without early childhood technical diploma will be required to have an educational training plan in place within six months of hire date.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
First-aid and CPR certification required. DCF approved Abusive Head Trauma training is required.
? MVR CHECK Required (Check this box only if the following statement is applicable) – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Contingent employment offers are based on the results of both preliminary and final background check eligibility determinations by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification is required.
- DCF approved Abusive Head Trauma training is required.
Date Updated: 12/08/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.