Criminal Justice Instructional Assistant
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Provide teaching assistance to students within Criminal Justice courses (Law Enforcement or Corrections). Assist the lead instructor with delivery of skills and performance assessments. Designed primarily for lab situations during which students experiencing unique learning needs are able to succeed with highly individualized in-class support.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
• Provide one-on-one or small group support during class time in lab-based settings.
• Introduce or reinforce material or skills for the class.
• Provide clarification of activities and support individualized skill or knowledge development during class time.
• Skill and knowledge development occurs under the direct supervision of the classroom instructor.
• Assessment support, when indicated, occurs under the direction of the College’s ADA Coordinator.
• Communication related to the progress is relayed to the course instructor at the end of each class session.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Be familiar with basic hardware; use a laptop, printer, and scanning techniques equipment.
• Securely access college network systems using appropriate multi-factor authentication, navigate through Windows; and appropriate navigation through the internet.
• Use voicemail, email, and calendaring programs.
• Understand database concepts and use queries; create a basic spreadsheet; create simple charts and graphs; develop materials using presentation software; manage and create files.
• Use video conferencing.
• Utilize PeopleSoft appropriately.
• Use electronic timesheet.
• Use Blackboard and associated tools.
• Utilize classroom technologies necessary for instruction (e.g., Interactive Whiteboard, SmartBoard, Projectors, Document Camera, and Lecture Capture equipment).
• Manage laptop carts.
• Use Worldwide Instructional Design System (WIDS) for curriculum development and access to course/syllabi information.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three year’s full-time (6,000 hours) law enforcement or corrections occupational experience is required.
• Completion of a Wisconsin Department of Justice Instructor Development Course is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
• Must be currently or previously certified as a law enforcement or corrections officer.
? MVR CHECK Required (Check this box only if the following statement is applicable) – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
- Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required. or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Date Updated: 02/21/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.