Dental Clinic Coordinator/Specialist
SHIFT: Wednesday and Friday-15 hpw x 15 weeks (School Year) | 8 hpw x 15 weeks (Summer) | Daytime hours, based upon the needs of the college | (570 Annual Hours)
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College (Lakeshore Community Dental Clinic) – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinate operations of the community’s dental clinic. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
(100%) Dental Clinic Responsibilities
• Screen and schedule patients, verify eligibility, billing of patients, ongoing correspondence, and maintenance of patient records.
• Schedule volunteer dentists and hygienists.
• Request and maintain record on physicians including license and periodic checks on state website for disciplinary action.
• Set up necessary Medicaid billing procedures.
• Maintain patient records.
• Work with dental program faculty/staff to provide coordinated student experience in the clinic.
• Coordinate public relations activities on behalf of the clinic.
• Work with the Lakeshore Technical College’s Marketing personnel and Dental advisory committee to ensure communication regarding the clinic’s availability to the public.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
• Use and maintain voice mail; use and maintain a personal calendar; navigate through Windows; access college network system; send and receive attachments; navigate through the Internet, schedule meetings; use email to communicate.
• Set up and use a laptop and printer; use video conferencing; use scanning techniques equipment; create simple charts and graphs; use multimedia presentation (ITV).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of special equipment used includes a variety of simulated modern dental equipment, manipulation of a dental chair, dental units, autoclave, audiovisual equipment, and computer.
• Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Six month technical diploma in a related discipline preferred.
• Two years of relevant occupational experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
• Certified Dental Assistant is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of radiation, and vibration.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, (e.g., mercury, methyl methacrylate weekly).
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.