Motorcycle Rider Coach Adjunct Faculty
Note: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland, Wisconsin
Responsible for delivering Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic Rider curriculum. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Set up classroom and deliver MSF curriculum.
• Maintain credentials with MSF and WI DOT.
• Communicate learner progress with students.
• Assess student performance.
• Complete course documentation.
• Set-up of the range for rider training.
• Collect cones and return them upon completion of exercises.
• Clean the range areas as needed to support rider training.
• Provide basic range painting as needed to maintain the range exercises.
• Ensure training ranges are maintained and course markings are consistent with program requirements.
• Function as a liaison between Lakeshore Technical College and the local riding community.
• Be an advocate for LTC within the community
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience/Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
• Completion of a Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s Rider Coach Prep class.
• Two-years’ experience riding motorcycles.
• Must be certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation as a Rider Coach for the Basic Rider class and must possess a current Class M (Motorcycle) endorsement on their State of Wisconsin Driver’s License.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
- Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license with a current Class M (Motorcycle) endorsement is required.
Date Updated: 03/07/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.