Radiography Adjunct Faculty
Note: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do no imply any availability of full-time employment.
Day/Evening Teaching Assignments
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Gateway Technical College - Racine, Wisconsin (Shared Program)
Nicolet Area Technical College - Rhinelander, Wisconsin (Shared Program)
Provide instruction to students in the Radiography program courses at Lakeshore Technical College. This positoin will be based at Gateway Technical College, Racine, Wisconsin. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Prepare and maintain course outlines and objectives, instruct and evaluate students, and report progress.
• Participate in the assessment process, when appropriate.
• Cooperate with the program director in periodic review and revision of course materials.
• Maintain appropriate expertise and competence through continuing professional development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Master’s degree required. Consideration will be given to applicants with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is required.
• Hold academic and/or professional credentials appropriate to the subject content area taught.
• Knowledgeable of course development, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising.
• Two years (4,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience (such as an X-ray Technologist, Radiologic Technologist, Radiographer, or Chief Technologist) preferred.
• Two years (4,000 hours) proven teaching experience in a JRCERT accredited program. Department or service coordination equivalent role demonstrating successful organization skills preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
- Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements within 5 years of employment.
Date Updated: 03/25/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.