Workforce Solutions Adjunct Faculty
Teaching assignments may include days, evenings, weekends, and online.
Class/training assignments and locations vary from term to term. Instructors may be asked to teach at various sites within the LTC District to include Cleveland, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan campuses, and business and industry locations.
Lakeshore Technical College is establishing a pool of adjunct instructor candidates for our Workforce Solutions division in the following areas: Business/Entrepreneurship, Communication, Computers/Technology, Continuous Improvement/Quality, Culinary/Hospitality, Leadership, and Public Safety & Compliance.
- Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members.
- Establish a professional and safe learning environment.
- Maintain participant records and documentation. Submit documents within the expected timeframe.
- Maintain equipment and supplies as needed to support course delivery.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Education and experience varies by course teaching requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Varies by course.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Date Updated: 01/19/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.