Youth Development Specialist
Youth Development Specialist – Part-time positions
Generally 3-6pm, Monday-Friday
$13-$15/hour depending on experience
Wage matching for Paraprofessionals
$250 sign on bonus & $750 retention bonus for the school year
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members and quality in program at all times.
- Responsible for coordinating, promoting, and stimulating participation in programs at the Club.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members in program area.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Assist with daily activities
- Actively engage Club members in programs and activities and encourage participation by all members.
- Record participation numbers for all programs/activities facilitated.
- Help with specially planned ‘teen nights’ as need
Skills and Knowledge Required
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College or teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability and desire to work with youth ages 6-12 in a variety of environments, including small group and large group settings
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Club personnel, Board of Directors and Club parents.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley (BGCFV) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BGCFV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.