Other benefits offered are Fridays off in the summer and a winter break from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day to give you time to refresh after the busy semester! There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more. For additional information on all of our vast array of benefits, read through our benefits guide.
SHIFT: Daytime hours, based upon the needs of the college. Hours may vary due to snow removal.
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide assistance to Facilities staff through all aspects of buildings and grounds, equipment, and vehicle maintenance. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
• Assist with remodeling projects by moving and rearranging office/classroom furniture.
• Assist with the installation of component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components required for the purpose of maintaining facilities.
• Assist with the maintenance and repairs to facilities equipment.
• Assist other maintenance personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of work activities.
• General tasks including facility maintenance, preventative maintenance, sweeping, painting, washing and moving large equipment for event set up.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with various LTC departments.
• Complete work orders and preventative maintenance work orders assigned to this position.
• Make periodic inspections of buildings and grounds to diagnose potential problems and to take necessary action for the prevention of damage or interruption of service (building assignment tasks).
(40%) Grounds Maintenance
• Assist with grounds maintenance, including seeding and sodding, mowing, and watering of turf.
• Operate various equipment such as tractor, lawn mowers, and landscape equipment.
• Prepare and update maintenance schedules.
• Coordinate and participate in soil preparation, planting of lawns, trees, shrubs and other greenery.
• Determine and implement watering schedules; plant perennials, annuals and ornamental flowers.
• Operate lawn mowing equipment; perform routine repair and lubrication, mow and trim grass, bushes and shrubs.
• Direct and perform pruning activities on trees, shrubs and plants; remove dead, diseased, or injured trees.
• Operate a variety of types of small and light equipment such as mowers, sod cutters, chain saws, pruning equipment, backhoe, loaders, trenchers, and various hand tools.
• Perform routine and regular maintenance on equipment to assure efficiency and safety.
• Assist with switching out power equipment attachments for seasonal changes.
• Perform routine road, parking lot and road sign maintenance and repair.
• Clean and maintain paved areas, paths, walkways and stairways and perform light facility maintenance as needed.
• Perform seasonal duties such as marking parking areas for snow removal.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Be familiar with basic hardware.
- Create a simple text document in MS Word.
- Use and maintain voice mail.
- Use file manager.
- Use network file manager.
- Use and maintain a personal calendar.
- Use email to communicate.
- Navigate through Windows.
- Access college network system.
- Send and receive attachments.
- Navigate through the Internet.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Work outside during periods of inclement weather.
- Operate lawn and garden tractors, push mowers, string trimmers, and motor vehicles.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in a related field or two year technical diploma or equivalent required.
- One and one-half to two years' recent relevant occupational experience required. Three to five years recent relevant occupational experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
- Valid State of Wisconsin Drivers' License required.
- Forklift operator certification is required, after hire.
? MVR CHECK Required – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment may require multi-tasking.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
- Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
Revised/Updated: 08/22/22; 02/15/23
Job Evaluation: 05/21/18