Financial Planning Assistant (FPA)
Step into an instrumental role in a fast-paced and friendly financial planning office. This position supports advisors in a team practice by working directly with existing clients to provide service and maintain the excellence in its client relationships.
Hermening Financial Group will support you as you hone your skills to support a base of clients which you will service. As an AFA, you will be instrumental in creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice.
This position will consistently follow high stands of business and professional ethics and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This position is intended for individuals who may be partially credentialed and are interested in completing all Broker Dealer required licensing as well as firm training in order to become an Associate Financial Advisor (AFA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Relationship Manager for an existing group of clients by providing advice and guidance to help clients achieve their goals.
- Help to grow the firm by increasing AUM with existing book (and through organic growth by acquiring new clients).
- Identify financial planning needs and discuss the benefits of comprehensive financial planning with clients.
- Review investment performance of overall portfolios, identify rebalancing needs and provide suitable recommendations aligning with client’s risk tolerance, timeframe and goals.
- Provide client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks, as needed.
- Responds to ad hoc requests and complete other tasks/projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelors degree - Preferred
- 2 years of related industry experience - Required
- FINRA Series 7, Series 66 (or equivalent Series 63 and Series 65) - Preferred
- State Life, Health and Variable Lines - Preferred
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) Preferred (must meet requirement post-employment if currently holding a Bachelor’s degree, or must be willing to pursue advisor credentials such as CFP®, APMA®, RICP®, or others)
Competencies and Talents
- Well organized and must pay attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Competency in?Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook?and skillful navigation of web browsers including Edge and Chrome.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well independently with little direct supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in various forms
- Employees are expected to exhibit the Core Values of the firm: WOW!, Initiative & Effectiveness, Resourcefulness, Team-Minded and High Standards (of Self and Others)
- Employees are expected to positively represent the firm to clients, affiliates, and other individuals with whom they come in contact.
- Employees are expected to adhere to professional ethical standards that define appropriate treatment of clients, define best practices in the financial services industry, and are specified by the professional groups or agencies governing the issuance of their respective licenses and/or credentials.
- Employees are expected to attend company and/or team meetings as required.
- Employees must sign and adhere to the policies contained in the HFG Employee Handbook.
- Employees are strongly encouraged to contribute to and participate in the community, in ways consistent with their talents and gifts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: around $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Safe harbor
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Bonus Pay