Position SummaryNight Security will represent the Management during the overnight shift; providing leadership and support to all members of the Resort staff and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas during the night.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and monitor activities of all resort employees working, making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Acting as manager on duty dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Occasionally Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, deliver requested items and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Preparation of daily summary reports.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, and Team Leading.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Police and/or General Manager.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must be at age to work overnight shift
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills in writing/speaking English
- Good personality and charming is important to be the Night Manager in the way to represent him or herself on behalf of hotel management.
- Associate degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field
- Relevant experience preferred
- Meet essential job function requirements
Physical Demands and Work EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs alone/60 lbs. with help and able to stand/walk and work outside for extensive periods of time