Talent Acquisition Coordinator
|Health Insurance *
(Opt-Out Stipend if other coverage is in place)
|Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
(Employer matched contributions)
|Dental Insurance||Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)||Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)|
|Vision Insurance||Professional Development||Flexible Spending Program|
|Long Term Disability||Tuition Reimbursement||Wellness/Fitness Center|
|Life Insurance||Holidays||Employee Assistance Program|
|OPTIONAL BENEFITS:||403 (B) and 457 Plans||Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan|
|Short Term Disability|
Other benefits offered are Fridays off in the summer and a winter break from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day to give you time to refresh after the busy semester! There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more. For additional information on all of our vast array of benefits, read through our benefits guide .
SHIFT: Daytime hours, based upon the needs of the college
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for developing, facilitating, and executing talent acquisition strategies and full cycle recruitment activities for the college in accordance with all applicable laws, established college policies, procedures, and practices. Researches, develops, and implements effective strategies to build and attract a diverse pool of qualified talent reflective of the communities we serve. Effectively partners with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs, lead them through the recruitment process, and provide training and education on best practices for talent acquisition and recruitment, ensuring alignment with the college’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Identifies and develops ongoing creative and cost-effective HR initiatives focused on building relationships within the community and enhancing strategies to address underrepresentation of minority populations in the workforce. Provides an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned) :
(45%) Talent Acquisition
• Identify, evaluate, and implement efficient and effective sourcing methods and strategies based on industry standards, and trends in the job market to aid in proactive recruitment.
• Develop a long-term recruitment and retention plan to anticipate long-term needs of the college.
• Oversee the college’s employment webpage to continuously attract top talent and brand an image that engages future candidates and emphasizes the company culture.
• Identify opportunities to engage with the diverse population in our market, identify unmet needs, and promote our employment opportunities in alignment with organizational plans and diversity, equity, and inclusion objectives.
• Maintain current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, trending hiring incentives, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in particular fields.
• Oversee the preparation of recruitment related reports outlining metrics relating to personnel activities including staffing, recruitment, vacancy rates, days to fill, turnover, etc.
• Manage all phases of the full cycle recruitment process to include preparing, sourcing, screening, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and onboarding top talent in collaboration with the hiring managers and other stakeholders.
• Identify and implement effective recruitment methods based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Oversee the job posting and advertisement process, preparation of interview questions, and other hiring and selection materials.
• Provide guidance to the hiring managers on recruitment and selection processes that align with diversity and inclusion efforts and affirmative action planning.
• Organize and attend job fairs, campus events, and other recruitment related activities that support the college’s talent acquisition and recruitment strategies.
• Actively participate as a member of the WTCS Recruiters Committee.
• Prepare and extend job offers for approved positions with consideration of market and budget parameters, highlighting a robust total rewards package, ensuring consistency with organizational pay standards.
• Process employment contracts, offer letters, and other pertinent details related to on-boarding consistent with college policy.
• Collaborate with department managers and the Human Resources Recruitment Specialist to draft detailed, consistent, and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria ensuring new positions are placed in the appropriate salary ranges based on organizational pay standards.
• Maintain Human Resources policies and procedures relative to this role.
• Manage the recruitment budget.
• Collaborate with the Teaching and Learning center on new employee orientation and onboarding.
• Facilitate new employee orientation to ensure smooth integration into the organization.
(5%) HR Compliance / Operations
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Ensure compliance with applicable equal opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws.
• Assist the Executive Director of Human Resources with the completion of the Civil Rights Compliance and Affirmative Action reports.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Organize, delegate, and provide work direction, support, and training to office staff, work study, student help, student intern, and temporary part-time staff.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to navigate through Windows; access college network system; understand database concepts; and download and manage various applications and files.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and be able to support any software or hardware that is used by the College.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, take initiative, and identify needed action without continual direction.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices with experience using social media and various job board platforms.
- Creative and strategic thinker proactively seeking opportunities and proposing new ideas and/or solutions.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and provide solution-based recommendations.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, advise and educate employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate flexibility, working effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited support staff.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in Human Resources or a related discipline required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of related recruiting experience required and three to five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty credential or other Recruiter certification preferred.
? MVR CHECK Required (Check this box only if the following statement is applicable) – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.