SHIFT: Monday – Thursday (1,196 Annual Hours) | Day and evening hours, based upon the needs of the college
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, this position provides high level quality technology support to college staff, students, and instructors. Serve as the first point of contact to customers at the Help Desk, install hardware and software, and work with Tier 2 staff on resolving technology issues. Solutions and interactions will have a high degree of customer satisfaction, timeliness, and consistency, in accordance with college policies and procedures. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
(100%) Technology Services
• Provide Tier 1 technology support through the Help Desk via telephone, email, videoconference, or in-person for staff and students, seeking technical assistance with software, printer, audio-visual, and computer related issues.
• Perform basic hardware and software installations and administration on servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
• Respond to Help Desk requests in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
• Determine and implement the best solution by communicating with end users to identify the root cause of the issues.
• Document specific steps taken to resolve issues in the Help Desk ticketing system.
• Provide user guidance and technical support for communication, audio-visual, and video conferencing systems.
• Provide basic guidance on using various enterprise and instructional software including Microsoft Office and Blackboard.
• Collaborate with Student Resources to offer computer and technology skills enhancement workshops and presentations.
• Assist with support for special events and outside groups.
• Collaborate with Help Desk Support Lead, Tier 2 technicians, and student workers.
• Promptly escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate expert or to the Chief Information Officer.
• Serve as back up for Library device and equipment checkout.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
• Solid knowledge of the latest version of Microsoft’s desktop operating system and the prior version.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite (latest and prior version).
• A sound understanding of anti-virus and anti-malware applications.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is beneficial.
• Thorough knowledge of PC hardware, printers and mobile devices.
• Experience with audio visual or conferencing systems a definite plus.
• Ability to clearly document work performed in the College’s help desk system and communicate professionally with College staff and students.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of common business and educational technologies as well as a developed sense of customer awareness and empathy for the needs of the end users.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally with end users, both directly and via phone.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate degree in related discipline required (Information Systems or Information Technology discipline preferred).
• Two to three years of relevant occupational experience is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
? MVR CHECK Required – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and Motor Vehicle Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.