Forklift Drivers - 1st and 2nd Shift
At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and are focused on creating a healthier world for all. With approximately 11,250 global employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, we work to help improve lives and the environment around the world. We bring water to life!
Pentair recently acquired Manitowoc Ice, a leading provider of commercial ice makers, allowing us to enhance and deliver our total water management offerings to an expanded network of channel partners and customers, further establishing Pentair as a leader in a vast and growing industry.
Under the direction of the Warehouse or Production Supervisor, the Forklift Operator will move material with a forklift to meet production, shipping, and receiving schedules per company safety requirements while also meeting customer quality expectations.
- Operate a forklift per defined procedures and safety practices
- Identify and move raw materials and finished product.
- Inspect forklift and perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Use hand tools.
- Lift and move tools, parts and material.
- Operate computer to perform daily job functions.
- Accurately locate materials and complete inventory transactions into Oracle
- Recharge forklift batteries and/or change propane tanks.
- Pass a written test on safe forklift operations and demonstrate the ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Follow and comply with all safety rules and practices.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Powered Industrial Truck Safety Certification, internally administered is required
- Ability to understand inventory processes.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to safely use tools and pallet trucks.
- Pass a written test on safe overhead crane operation and demonstrate the ability to safely operate an overhead crane.
- Must be knowledgeable and familiar with applicable ISO and quality system requirements and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift and move parts/material
- Manufacturing environment; must wear Safety Shoes and Glasses.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekend as needed.