|Health Insurance *
(Opt-Out Stipend if other coverage is in place)
|Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
(Employer matched contributions)
|Dental Insurance||Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)||Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)|
|Vision Insurance||Professional Development||Flexible Spending Program|
|Long Term Disability||Tuition Reimbursement||Wellness/Fitness Center|
|Life Insurance||Holidays||Employee Assistance Program|
|OPTIONAL BENEFITS:||403 (B) and 457 Plans||Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan|
|Short Term Disability|
Other benefits offered are Fridays off in the summer and a winter break from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day to give you time to refresh after the busy semester! There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more. For additional information on all of our vast array of benefits, read through our benefits guide.
SHIFT: Day/evening/weekend hours, based upon the needs of the college
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Manager is responsible for the fast-paced, engaging, ongoing development and execution of highly customized, marketing, advertising, social media, email, and website content for Workforce Solutions and grant activities. This position plans and implements the marketing strategy to increase engagement, enhances the college brand reputation, and supports enrollment growth. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
(60%) Marketing Operations
• Develop and manage annual marketing budget, including quoting, invoicing, POs, budget transfers and check requests and provide routine updates to the Executive Director of Marketing.
• Provide back-up support to the other functions in the marketing department at the request of the Executive Director of Marketing.
• Responsible for vendor relationships in conjunction with the needs of the department.
• Manage research on market updates, finding new opportunities and strategies for the LTC brand.
• Manage the promotion and positioning of the brand in our district with the Executive Director of Marketing.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to align communication, marketing, and advertising tactics.
• Responsible for scheduling the on-call rotation to monitor and respond to social media inquiries outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, and during key events.
• Responsible for tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns and create reports.
• Responsible for managing the Digital Marketing Specialist to ensure department needs are met.
• Provide recommendations on opportunities to improve engagement and elevate LTC’s digital presence.
• Participate on the Strategic Enrollment Management Team committees and provide input to the direction of college marketing initiatives.
(15%) Workforce Solutions Marketing
• Create plans to reach and grow key audiences through the use of relevant marketing channels and content.
• Develop a marketing calendar and innovative campaigns in alignment with the college brand and strategic goals.
• Responsible for developing, planning, and implementing advertising to reach marketing campaign goals.
• Collaborate with Workforce Solutions staff to curate content for seminars, contract training, assessments, and apprenticeship.
• Collaborate with Workforce Solutions to develop and maintain the public web pages dedicated to Workforce Solutions.
• Utilizing Constant Contact, develop email campaigns to promote Workforce Solutions Seminars.
• Plan, develop, and curate social media content for multiple platforms such as Facebook, lnstagram, Twitter, LinkedlN, and YouTube that reflects the college mission and brand strategy, as well as advances Workforce Solutions goals.
• Regularly monitor the College's social media channels for Workforce Solutions engagement opportunities as well as to flag important or concerning content.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Analyst to create dashboards and reports, as well as implement listening tools in order to inform Workforce Solutions, optimize engagement, and promote growth and impact.
• Utilize analytics and other feedback systems to establish strategy, forecast results, and drive improvement.
• Provide recommendations to help identify opportunities to improve engagement and elevate Workforce Solution's presence.
(10%) Social Media
• Responsible for the College’s social media strategy to reach marketing campaign goals, including paid social media advertising strategies.
• Manage and work with other college business units on establishing college sanctioned social media accounts.
• Provide social media training to those using college sanctioned social media accounts.
• Continuous evaluation of college sanctioned social media accounts to maintain integrity and quality for the LTC brand, including the authority to require retraining and/or shut down of channels that are not meeting the requirements.
• Collaborate with college divisions and faculty to plan social media content, as well as support promotion of college news and events.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Analyst to create dashboards and reports, as well as implement listening tools to inform strategy, optimize engagement, and promote social audience growth and impact.
• Utilize analytics and other feedback systems to establish strategy, forecast results, and drive improvement.
(10%) Grant Marketing
• Collaborate with Grant Managers and Outreach to determine how best to utilize grant marketing dollars to fulfill grant requirements and increase leads.
• When needed, work with outside vendors to develop creative assets and implement digital and traditional advertising tactics.
• Support Outreach with marketing materials to best engage leads at grant related events.
• Attend grant related meetings as the marketing representative and report back to the Executive Director of Marketing on grant activities.
• At the close of every grant cycle, work with vendors and the Digital Marketing Analyst to provide an analytics report-out for each grant that marketing activities took place.
(5%) Manager Essential Responsibilities
Oversee Marketing processes. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include;
• Develop plan(s) and budget for department.
• Address issues in an effective and timely manner.
• Be an active advocate for LTC in the community.
• Be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
- Be familiar with basic hardware; create a simple text document in MS Word; use and maintain voice mail; use file manager; use network file manager; use and maintain a personal calendar; navigate through Windows; access college network system; understand database concepts; send and receive attachments; navigate through the Internet; schedule meetings; use email to communicate.
- Develop materials using presentation software; Use MS PowerPoint or similar presentation technology; Set up and use a lap-top and printer; Manage and create reports using MS Word; Create a basic MS Excel spreadsheet; Use video conferencing; Use database queries; Use scanning techniques equipment; Create simple charts and graphs. Access and use Project Management systems.
- Use multimedia presentation technology (software and hardware); use spreadsheet graphics; create and maintain Web page; use the net commercially (Internet courses); download and manage applications and files.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Professional experience creating and managing content for multiple social media channels, as well as scheduling software, such as Hootsuite.
- Experience with paid promotional opportunities within social media platforms.
- Ability to interpret digital analytics and adapt to continuously grow followers and engagement.
- Proven proficiency in marketing copywriting, as well as web content best practices/guidelines.
- Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact, and best practices in email content development.
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Comfort interacting with internal clients at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and complete multiple complex web-related tasks within short and longer-term timeframes.
- Ability to research best practices and quickly and proactively implement relevant new tactics in social media, web, and email platforms.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Passion for education, the community, and a diverse student body.
- Present and conduct self in a professional, ethical, and respectful manner at all times.
- Organizational, planning and time management skills; human relations skills; verbal and written communication skills; analytical skills and abilities; computer technology skills and abilities; team/meeting management; problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to plan and set goals and follow-through to completion; initiative, judgment, and ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, creative/persuasive writing or equivalent required.
- Two to four years of relevant occupational experience required.
- Higher education or service industry experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
? MVR CHECK Required (Check this box only if the following statement is applicable) – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment may require multi-tasking.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.