Child Care Center Assistant Teacher (Part-Time)
SHIFT: 15-20 hours per week (School Year) | Monday – Friday | Shifts vary between 7:15am to 5:15pm
LOCATION: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Plan and carry out a variety of activities as an assistant teacher with the children enrolled in the Child Care Center such as music, science, art, math, and literature. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
• Responsible for teaching children enrolled in the Child Care Center.
• Provide group art and gym activities.
• Supervise children in daily activities.
• Provide large and small muscle development.
• Encourage social interaction and creative expression.
• Provide intellectual stimulation.
• Participate in appropriate meetings and professional development activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Work direction given to other student helpers working in Child Care Center.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS: None
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work directly with young children and carry out planned activities.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One semester of technical training or specialized courses required. One-year Early Childhood Education technical diploma preferred. Individual hired for position without early childhood technical diploma will be required to have an educational training plan in place within six months of hire date.
- Six months to one-year recent relevant occupational experience required.
- Experience in a nursery or childcare setting beneficial.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURE, REGISTRATIONS:
- First-aid and CPR certification required.
- DCF approved Shaken Baby Syndrome Training required.
? MVR CHECK Required (Check this box only if the following statement is applicable) – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment may require multi-tasking.
- Playground supervision, exposure to communicable diseases; works with body waste.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Contingent employment offers are based on the results of both preliminary and final background check eligibility determinations by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.