Advanced Leadership - Emotional Intelligence Essentials
Date and Time
Wednesday Apr 26, 2023
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM CDT
LTC Downtown Manitowoc Campus
600 York St.
$275 for Members
$350 for Non-Members
The Chamber of Manitowoc County in partnership with University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus, Lakeland University and Lakeshore Technical college are pleased to offer ADVANCED LEADERSHIP: Educate. Empower. Elevate. This exciting new program has been developed for the mid to senior-level managers, nonprofit administrators, and entrepreneurs seeking advanced leadership and communications skills to move their careers and organizations forward. Each session will be taught by instructors from the partner colleges.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ESSENTIALS
Presented by: Theresa Lindstrom, Lakeshore Technical College
Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and other’s emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one’s behavior matches one’s values and delivers intended results.
Key Focus Areas:
- Builds self-awareness.
- Maintains self-control.
- Maintains or enhances self-esteem (to build social bonds).
- Listens and responds with empathy.
- Asks for help and encourages involvement (to enhance collaboration).
- Shares thoughts, feelings, and rationale (to build trust).
- Provides support without removing responsibility (to build-ownership).
- Facilitates discussions.